2019-2023 Strategic Plan
Saanich Council adopted the 2019-2023 Strategic Plan to guide its term. The plan includes goals, initiatives and actions to move the community toward the Saanich vision. The Strategic Plan is firmly grounded in the spirit of our vision, mission and values and our Official Community Plan (OCP).
The Strategic Plan includes 40 major initiatives and actions that align with five goal areas:
- Community well-being
- Affordable housing, land use and infrastructure management
- Organizational excellence
- Economic diversification
- Climate action and environmental leadership
Many initiatives is aligned with one or more of the OCP policies. The majority of the initiatives are also informed by other existing master plans, processes, programs or strategies.
The Strategic Plan was created using public input, including:
- the responses we received from residents in our statistically valid business and citizen surveys in early 2019;
- the feedback our elected officials recevied from residents during their election campaigns in 2018; and
- the many master plans and strategies we developed with extensive public input over the past few years.
Learn more about the 2019-2023 Strategic Plan and the strategic planning process by reading our informational fact sheets: