- Any blasting work conducted in Saanich requires that you obtain a blasting permit.
- Blasting is a heavily regulated industry governed by WorkSafeBC
- Only a certified blaster may apply for a blasting permit.
Application: Blasting Permit Application [PDF - 79 KB]
A complete application includes:
- Complete application form.
- An approved Building Permit or an approved Engineering Servicing Drawing, must be in place prior to applying for a Blasting Permit.
- Proof of Insurance by your Insurance Agent, indicating $5,000,000 liability coverage.
- A valid Saanich Business Licence.
Submit your complete application to Inspections on the 3rd floor of the Municipal Hall, or via email at email@example.com.
Fee: $50.00 (subject to change without notice)