Explore Saanich by bike during the Earth Day Festival
April 12, 2022
Saanich, BC – Explore Saanich by bike, celebrate Earth Day and learn how to decrease human impact on our climate during the Saanich Earth Day Festival Saturday, April 23.
“The Earth Day Festival is a great way for us to highlight the vast cycling infrastructure in our community and encourage residents to explore our beautiful municipality,” said Councillor and Active Transportation Committee Chair Rebecca Mersereau. “The event encourages families to be active outdoors together, play games, and learn about how we can all take climate action.”
Guests who cycle to the main festival site at the Saanich Municipal Hall can register to win a variety of prizes including a $1,000 gift certificate toward an E-Bike from a local cycling shop. Many free family activities will take place in the Municipal Hall parking lot from 11 a.m. to 3 p.m., including:
- two live bands on Middleton Plaza;
- eco-friendly interactive displays;
- a cycling obstacle course and skills challenge;
- electric bike demonstration and trials;
- energy reduction displays;
- an electric vehicle display;
- a kids eco-pre-school display and play area;
- Saanich Parks Natural Intelligence display;
- A bike safety area and tune up;
- An inflatable slide obstacle and games;
- arts and crafts stations;
- a bike safety tent; and
- festival food carts and concessions.
In addition to Saanich departmental displays, many partner organizations will have interactive information booths on display at the main festival site.
Visit the Saanich Earth Day Festival events page at saanich.ca for more information and the performance schedule.
Councillor Rebecca Mersereau
Active Transportation Committee Chair
Programmer II – Events