Spooky Halloween fireworks and bonfire permit information
October 5, 2021
Permit holders are responsible to comply with any orders, advice and guidance from the BC Public Health Officer, BC Centre for Disease Control, Island Health or any other BC public health agency regarding COVID-19.
- You may have a Halloween bonfire on October 31 only, between 5 and 11 p.m.
- A special $10 bonfire permit is required.
- Bonfire permits are available by email or call 250-475-5500, Monday-Friday, between 8:30 and 4:30 p.m.
- Fires between 1 metre (3 feet) and 2 metres (6 feet) in diameter must be inspected.
The deadline to get a bonfire permit is 2 p.m. on October 29.
Fireworks Regulation Bylaw No. 8865 regulates the sale, possession and discharge of fireworks in Saanich.
- You can set off fireworks on October 31 only, between 5 and 10 p.m.
- You need a fireworks permit to possess or discharge fireworks in Saanich.
- We issue permits to those 18 years and older who successfully complete a Saanich Fire Department fireworks safety course within the last three years.
- You may not buy or sell fireworks in Saanich.
The deadline to get a fireworks permit is 4 p.m. on October 28.
Additional information on Halloween bonfires and fireworks is available on the Saanich Fire website.