Flag at half-mast to honour those who suffered trauma and harm at the former residential school in Kamloops
May 31, 2021
The flag at the Municipal Hall will be flown at half-mast until further notice to honour those who suffered trauma and harm at the former residential school in Kamloops and their families and communities who are mourning.
Our hearts & thoughts are with the Tk’emlúps te Secwépemc Nation, survivors and all those children who never made it home to their families.
The following is a list of resources and hotlines dedicated to supporting Indigenous people and others who would like to reach out:
- Truth and Reconciliation Commission of Canada
- Indian Residential School Survivors Society – 24 Hour Crisis Line 1-800-721-0066
- KUU-US Crisis Line Society – 24 Hour Crisis Line 1-800-588-8717
- Tsow-Tun-Le-Lum Society – 1-888-403-3123
- Aboriginal Wellness Program – 604-675-2551 or 1-866-884-0888
- National Indian Residential School Crisis Line – 1-800-925-4419
- Métis Nation BC – Mental Health Services
- Canadian Mental Health Association – 1-800-555-8222
- HeretoHelp – 1-800-661-2121
- First Nations Health Authority – Mental Health Benefit