Change in how to claim your home owner grant
January 5, 2021
As of January 1, 2021, all home owner grant applications are submitted directly to the province. Residents in Saanich no longer apply through the municipality.
What does this mean?
- Starting January 1, 2021, Saanich can no longer accept retroactive or new applications for the home owner grant.
- The province will be entirely responsible for the home owner grant program for the 2021 tax year.
- All home owners will apply directly to the province either online or over the phone.
- The eligibility criteria for the program remains the same.
- The provincial application will be available early in 2021.
Please visit gov.bc.ca/homeownergrant or call the province’s home owner grant office at 250-387-0555 for more information.