New provincial health orders: recreation fitness class changes and wearing masks
November 25, 2020
As per the updated provincial health orders, Saanich Recreation will suspend all group fitness classes as of November 24. This is a temporary suspension in addition to the cancellation of spin and high intensity classes until we receive updated guidance from the Province. If you are affected by class cancellations or suspensions, you will be contacted by our Recreation staff. Other non-exercise group programs such as art or music classes will continue.
Mask order November 24
As per the provincial order issued November 24, mask use is mandatory in all of our facilities, except while participating in a sport or fitness activity. This means:
- Masks must be worn in all public and common areas of Saanich recreation centres and parks facilities.
- Participants must wear a mask while participating in non-sport and non-fitness related activities. These include, and are not limited to, pottery classes, music classes, and other non-exercise programs.
- All adults must wear a medical or non-medical mask that covers the nose and mouth. Face shields are not an accepted substitute.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 12 are highly encouraged to wear masks. Children under 2, and those that cannot put on or remove a mask without the assistance of others are exempt from the mask requirement.
- In areas like weight rooms, masks should be worn in between elements when not working out.