Saanich invites public input on Development Cost Charge Bylaw program review
July 17, 2018
For immediate release
Saanich, BC – The District of Saanich invites members of the development community, stakeholders and the public to provide feedback on the update to the Development Cost Charge (DCC) program.
DCCs are fees collected from land developers, on a user pay basis, to help fund the cost of the new infrastructure needed to service new development. DCCs ensure developers contribute fairly to the costs required to develop new infrastructure, parkland and park projects.
The Saanich DCC program update includes:
- updated growth projections based on a 20-year planning horizon (2018 to 2037);
- updated programs for water, sewer, drainage, transportation, parkland acquisition and park projects; and
- draft DCC program and rates.
Initial consultations with the development community and the public were held in March 2018 to introduce the project, with a second round of consultations planned for July 25, 2018 to review the draft program and rates.
Saanich invites the public, developers and other stakeholders to learn more about the development cost charge bylaw update process through the upcoming information sessions.
Development community information session
- Location: Saanich Police Building, Kirby Room, 760 Vernon Avenue
- Time: 1:15 to 3 p.m.
- Date Wednesday, July 25, 2018
Public information session
- Location: Saanich Commonwealth Place, Pacific Dogwood Room, 4636 Elk Lake Drive
- Time: 4 to 7 p.m.
- Date: Wednesday, July 25, 2018
The DCC program and bylaw update is expected to be completed by the end of 2018.
Visit the Saanich website for more information about the DCC program and bylaw update.