Residents in West Saanich area may see change in water pressure
February 6, 2019
Work this month may result in a temporary change in water pressure
The District of Saanich will make temporary changes to the water system in order to perform maintenance on one of the major pressure regulating stations in the West Saanich region. This work will result in a slight reduction in water pressure in the Royal Oak and West Saanich areas (north of Markham). We anticipate this work will occur from February 10 to 17 (weather permitting). These changes to the water system will cause a change in normal water flows and may cause discoloured water.
Additionally, flushing will occur on February 10 and February 17 in the Royal Oak area to maintain water quality and resolve any potential water discolouration that may occur.
- See a map of the area with pressure reduction and water main flushing on February 10 and 24
- See a map of the area with pressure reduction February 10 to 24
This discolouration is not a health hazard—it’s strictly aesthetic. If you experience discolouration:
- Run an outside tap or cold water tap in your bathtub until the water is clear.
- Watch out for kitchen and bathroom faucets that usually have screens which may become clogged due to the discoloured water.
- Minimize consumption until water runs clear.
Please contatct Public Works at 250-475-5599 or firstname.lastname@example.org.