The Corporate Services Department has four distinct areas:
- Human Resources
- Information Technology
- Occupational Health and Safety
Human Resources Division
The Human Resources staff assist all departments within Saanich with the following:
- Departmental planning
- Employee benefits package
- Retirement transition
- Contract negotiations
- Job evaluation and classification
- Labour relations
- Training and development
- Health and wellness initiatives
- Employee coaching
- Employee counselling
- Wage and salary administration
- Personnel records
We also provide advice to the Administrator, Council and Police Board on a wide range of personnel and labour relations matters.
This section supports the organization with
- Internal communications (e.g. employee newsletter)
- Web writing
- Social media best practices
- Developing content for both the internal and external websites
Information Technology (IT) Division
These employees provide leadership and expertise on IT for Saanich in a number of areas:
- Planning, research and development, acquisition and installation of hardware and software
- Information technology policies and procedures
- Employee computer training
- Help desk assistance
- Telephone systems
- Corporate business systems support
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) map service and engineering infrastructure data
- Network services and WIFI for all Saanich facilities
Occupational Health and Safety Division (OH&S)
OH&S has helped keep Saanich COR (Certificate of Recognition) accredited since 2009. This accreditation means that we meet industry standards in health and safety and injury management systems.
- Works to prevent accidents and disease
- Runs return-to-work programs to help our employees remain productive at work.
- Ensures all of our workplaces and employees comply with WorkSafeBC requirements.
- Overseeing the telephone switchboard and the central reception desk at the municipal hall’s main entrance.