On Saturday, October 20, 2018, the Municipal and School Board Elections will be held with eligible voters electing the following:
- One (1) Mayor
- Eight (8) Councillors
- Two (2) School Board Trustees for Saanich School District 63
- Nine (9) School Board Trustees for Greater Victoria School District 61
Requirements to Be a Candidate
To run in the upcoming election, you must:
- Be 18 years of age or older on general voting day; and
- Be a Canadian citizen; and
- Have lived in BC for at least 6 months immediately before the day the nomination papers are filed; and
- Not be disqualified by law from being nominated, elected or holding office.
*To be nominated for the office of Mayor or Councillor, you must be nominated by a minimum of ten (10) qualified electors in Saanich.
*To be nominated for the office of School Trustee for School District No. 63, you must be nominated by two (2) qualified electors in Saanich.
|Election Period||January 1, 2018 to September 21, 2018|
|Nomination Period||September 4, 2018 to September 14, 2018|
|Campaign Period||September 22, 2018 to October 20, 2018|
|General Voting Day||October 20, 2018|
Financial Disclosure Statement
|January 18, 2019|
For more information, contact Legislative Services at 250-475-1775 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.