We clean and maintain 98 bus shelters, empty 310 litter bins and collect and dispose of items illegally disposed of or "dumped".
If you witness illegal dumping
- Call Saanich Police at 250-475-4321.
- Record the time and date.
- Record the vehicle description, licence plate number and description of occupants.
- Record what you saw.
Illegal dumping carries many negative impacts:
- Ground contamination.
- Health risks by exposure to harmful chemicals and disease through rodents.
- Diminishes the aesthetic value of our community.
- If the offenders aren’t caught, Saanich taxpayers pay to cover the removal and disposal costs.
Illegal roadside dumping carries a minimum $150 fine, plus removal and disposal fees. For more information see Streets & Traffic Regulation Bylaw
Call us when…
- A bus shelter or area is damaged or vandalized (graffiti).
- A bus shelter or area needs cleaning.
- A litter bin needs emptying.
- Illegal roadside dumping needs clean up.