December 9, 2016
Due to the recent snowfall, please keep the following in mind:
Need to report a problem?
- For emergencies call 9-1-1
- Use our handy online form to report a variety of concerns.
When a lot of snowfall is likely, we prioritize certain roads:
- Major and collector streets.
- Transit routes designated as Snow Emergency Routes.
- Major residential hills. We work hard to treat them within 24 hours of a snowfall.
We deal with minor collector roads and residential streets after we clear our top priority streets.
- We clear sidewalks on bridges.
- Please keep the sidewalks around your house clear.
- Municipal Bylaw No. 8382 requires property owners to keep sidewalks adjacent to your property clear of snow. After a snow fall, you need to do this by 10 a.m. the following morning.
Recreation & teen centres:
In the event of significant snowfall resulting in school closures and transit service disruptions, all registered morning programs will be canceled and credits issued. Please check our website and recreation Facebook and Twitter pages for program updates.
- Our crews work on clearing snow in priority order to ensure safety and service.
- Find about about dealing with downed trees and large branches.
Keep informed and prepared
- Don't forget to follow us on Facebook and Twitter for updates.
- Our Saanich Emergency Program can help you and your family be prepared for severe weather.