Our crews make use of state-of-the-art technology which predicts when cold weather is coming.
What happens when we forecast cold weather?
- We pre-treat our roads with a de-icing brine.
What about snow?
When a lot of snowfall is likely, we prioritize certain roads.
- Major and collector streets.
- Transit routes designated as Snow Emergency Routes.
- Major residential hills. We work hard to treat them within 24 hours of a snowfall.
We can only deal with minor collector roads and residential streets after we clear our top priority streets.
We clear sidewalks on bridges.
It is up to you to keep the sidewalks around your house clear.
- Streets and Traffic Regulation Bylaw No. 8382 requires property owners to keep sidewalks adjacent to your property clear of snow.
- After a snow fall, you need to do this by 10 a.m. the following morning.