“How to Save the Bees” on MONDAY, FEBRUARY 20, 2017
The Peninsula & Area Agricultural Commission is an advisory committee whose mandate is to advise the Municipalities of Central Saanich, Metchosin, North Saanich, Saanich, Sidney and the Juan de Fuca Electoral Area on matters involving agriculture, and, to facilitate the development of programs for implementation of the Saanich Peninsula Agricultural Strategy objectives and keep the Municipalities advised of these programs.
PAAC Strategic Objectives
- Secure an adequate water supply to farms at a competitive cost.
- Increase economic returns to farmers.
- Enhance agricultural land base sustainability.
- Foster farm land stewardship that embraces environmental and other community values.
- Increase public awareness, education and support for a sustainable farm community.
- Establish a continuing focal point for farm issues and implementation of the strategy.