Gorge Waterway Park [PDF - 125 KB] follows a 1.7 km stretch of the beautiful Gorge Waterway between Tillicum and Admirals Roads. The Gorge is a long narrow tidal channel that extends 7 km inland. Watch for wildlife including seals, otters and a variety of birds as you enjoy the scenery. You’ll also find:
- Reversing falls under Tillicum Bridge.
- A public art sculpture.
- The Victoria Canoe and Kayak Club (VCKC) and boat launch.
- Horticultural displays.
- Interpretive signs and benches.
- Seasonal washroom.
- Parking next to VCKC, and near Dysart Road and Admirals Road.
- Craigflower - Kosapsom Park with another playground, seasonal washroom, and the historic Craigflower School are at the Admirals Road-end of the park.
We’ve added edibles like cabbages, leeks, artichokes, chards and kale to the perennial and annual display beds. Horticultural staff are proud of their work and are a wealth of information. Feel free to approach them when you see them.
Public Art - Camossung
View Fred Dobbs’ sculpture of Camossung. It honours the Songhees legend about the Spirit Being at the reversing falls [PDF - 3.3 MB]
Victoria Harbour Migratory Bird Sanctuary
The Gorge is a prominent feature in the sanctuary. The sanctuary runs along the south coast from Macaulay Point Park in Esquimalt to Ten Mile Point in Cadboro Bay.