We Want Everyone to Enjoy Our Parks!
- Can I set up a tent at my event?
- Can I have alcohol?
- Can I play music?
- Do I need liability insurance for my booking?
The answers vary. Find answers to these questions and more in our guidelines [PDF - 600 KB] and contact us with any questions.
We’ve put these guidelines in place to:
- ensure enjoyable park use
- conserve park spaces
- protect public safety
- give you a planning resource to organize successful activities
Our open spaces are smoke-free!
The Capital Regional District (CRD) prohibits smoking:
- in parks
- at playgrounds
- on beaches in front of any park
- at public squares
- within 7 metres from any bus stop, window, door or air intake
Learn more about the CRD Clean Air Bylaw.
Help us keep our parks clean!
- Remove any extra garbage and dispose it properly.
- Take all compostable or recyclable materials with you.
- Contact Saanich Parks if you need help removing trash.