How do I get to the beach?
There are 32 public beach accesses along our ocean shores and 4 at Prospect Lake.
- See our Parks and Trails maps to find a beach to explore.
Most popular beaches
- Cadboro-Gyro [PDF - 197 KB]
- Mount Douglas [PDF - 407 KB]
- Cordova Bay [PDF - 154 KB]
- Arbutus Cove [PDF - 203 KB]
- Glencoe Cove [PDF - 172 KB]
- Gorge Waterway [PDF - 125 KB]
- Whitehead (Prospect Lake) [PDF - 278 KB]
What can I expect at the beach?
Please respect the neighbours. Be sensitive to the plants and animals living along our shores.
- Don’t light beach fires.
- Some beaches have seasonal dog restrictions.
- Parks cares for formal trails at beach accesses in front of parks.
Can I launch a boat?
Yes, though access varies. We don’t have any public trailer boat launches along the ocean in Saanich.
Trailer boat launches
- Prospect Lake: Echo Drive
- Elk/Beaver Lake: Brookleigh Road (offered by the Capital Regional District)
Car-top boat launches
You can comfortably launch car-top boats in many places.
- Cadboro-Gyro Park [PDF - 197 KB]
- Telegraph Cove
- Cordova-Bay-Park.pdf [PDF - 154 KB]
- Gorge Waterway Park [PDF - 125 KB]
- Whitehead Park [PDF - 278 KB]
- Estelline Park [PDF - 168 KB]
If you need equipment access to your beach property, start by emailing Environmental Services.