Furniture Donation Program
Celebrate a special occasion or share a memory by dedicating a park bench or picnic table. Everyone will enjoy your donation.
This is what happens when you donate furniture.
1. The Parks Department installs a new bench or picnic table on a concrete pad. Proposed locations include:
- New parks under development or renovation.
- Any existing old-style painted furniture that does not already have a bronze dedication plaque.
2. We then order and mount a cast bronze plaque with suitable wording.
- Click here to review sample plaques [PDF - 8 KB].
Please review our Fees and Charges [PDF - 16 KB].
- The fee is for a 10-year term.
- You will receive a tax deductible receipt.
- Upon confirmation of location, we require a 50% deposit to begin.
- You must provide the balance upon completion.
- At the end of the 10-year term you can renew.
Thank you for considering such a meaningful gesture. Your contribution will benefit the community for years to come.
The style of furniture available is based on the current supply arrangement with Saanich Parks.
For more information or to begin your donation, please contact the Parks Department.