We Want Everyone to Enjoy Our Parks!
Our parks are available for many park users and ask that you help to:
- conserve park spaces
- protect public safety
- behaviour suitably for park users of all ages
Permits are required for use of our sports fields and corporate events. You may also wish to reserve a space via our park permit application system.
Space is otherwise on a first come, first serve basis. Those with permits have priority use and will kindly ask existing park users to relocate.
- Can I set up a tent at my event? Yes - small tent shades can be used if they are weighed down with bags of sand or blocks - no stakes in the ground as you could damage underground items such as irrigation lines.
- Can I have alcohol? No - parks are for users of all ages and should be free of alcohol and drug use.
- Can I play music? Yes - but please ensure not loud enough to disrupt other park users or nearby neighbours.
- Do I need liability insurance for my booking? Maybe - large groups, corporate bookings and organized sports groups do require insurance.
- Can I use a BBQ? Sometimes - as we have no briquette disposal, we ask that no charcoal BBQs be used. Portable gas units, under careful watch, can be used. Do not place on any park asset (i.e., furniture) or have open flames that could reach nearby vegetation/trees.
- Can I have a fire on the beach? Sorry, but no - this is against our Fire Prevention Bylaw.
Our open spaces are smoke-free!
The Capital Regional District (CRD) prohibits smoking:
- in parks
- at playgrounds
- on beaches in front of any park
- at public squares
- within 7 metres from any bus stop, window, door or air intake
Learn more about the CRD Clean Air Bylaw.
Help us keep our parks clean!
- Remove any extra garbage and dispose it properly.
- Take all compostable or recyclable materials with you.
- Contact Saanich Parks if you need help removing trash (costs may apply).