What do we do?
We maintain much more than gardens! We take care of:
- Playgrounds, municipal trails, sports fields, tennis and pickleball courts, and park washrooms
- Grass areas and watering of parks and boulevards
- Trees on public property
- Garden displays on roadways, cul-de-sacs and at recreation centres
- Invasive species across Saanich
- Snow and ice in parks
- Beach access points and control dust in parking lots
Beach Access Maintenance
- We clear logs out of the way from formal beach paths and emergency boat launches. We typically do this from April to May.
- Beach logs are normal and we don’t clear them from all areas.
- We trim back vegetation along formal beach access trails from May to June.
Parking Lot Dust Control
- We apply a solution to gravel parking lots in June each year.
- This product binds fine dust and gravel to keep gravel surfaces stable and reduce dust.
- This solution poses minimal health or environmental concerns.