Our Pilot Program starts on July 1 and runs through to September 8. 2 food trucks will be at Cadboro-Gyro Park and Beckwith Park and 1 at Gorge Waterway Park (in the parking lot on Gorge Road between Dysart and Austin). Food trucks will move from location to location throughout the summer.
Daily updates and last-minute changes
Candytime Concession and Sassy Thai Café will not be at Beckwith Park July 23.
Sub Zero Ice Cream will be in Beckwith Park July 23.
Food Truck Schedule
We chose vendors by a random draw. The primary vendors for this pilot project are: To Go Food Service, Puerto Vallarta Amigos, Holy Cow Mini Donuts, Owen’s Ice Cream, Freshcoast Health Food Bar, Spice Aid – Operation BBQ, Cup-a-Roni, Quadra Village Community Centre Food Truck, Elements Ice Cream and Candytime Concession.
A number of other vendors are on a reserve list and will take time/location spots that primary vendors cannot fill.
Pilot Info for Participating Vendors
- 2 spots are available at Beckwith Park, 2 are at Cadboro-Gyro Park, and 1 at Gorge Waterway Park.
- Locations are predetermined and may not be changed. A site visit with selected vendors to show the specific locations will occur in advance of scheduled dates.
Beckwith Park locations
Cadboro-Gyro Park locations
Gorge Waterway Park location
The Pilot will run for 10 weeks from July 1 until September 8, 2021.
Location and Hours
- Food truck locations are pre-determined, and participating vendors will rotate from spot to spot on a weekly basis.
- Each of the 10 participating vendors will get 1 week at each spot – 2 weeks at Beckwith Park, 2 weeks at Cadboro-Gyro Park and 1 week at Gorge Waterway Park for a total of 5 weeks each.
- Vendors may choose the hours they wish to operate at their designated location between 9 a.m. and 9 p.m., 7 days a week, and must leave the park by 10 p.m. daily.
Licenses and Inspections
- Operators must have a Business License that is valid in Saanich (including Island Health Authority approval and a Fire Safety Inspection), and a Saanich Park Permit (requires commercial general liability insurance with minimum limits of $2M with Saanich named as additional insured, and minimum $2M third party liability vehicle insurance).
- Note that these do not have to be in place when registering for the lottery.
Power and Water
- Operators are required to supply their own water and power.
- If generators are used they must comply with the Noise Bylaw.
Garbage, compost and recylcing
- In order for this Pilot Program to be successful all associated waste must be contained and disposed of.
- Operators are responsible for supplying garbage, recycling and compost bins, and disposing of contents responsibly off-site daily.
- This includes performing regular garbage/recycling checks of the area to ensure no waste left in park.
- We encourage participants to use recyclable and compostable materials whenever possible.
- No fee will be charged by Saanich Parks for participating in the Pilot Program.
- Vendors are responsible for any costs related to business license, insurance and health authority requirements.
- We are no longer accepting applications to participate in 2021 pilot project. Check back in the Spring of 2022 for future opportunities.
Any questions about this process? Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org or 250-475-5522.