As per the updated Province Wide Restrictions, Saanich Recreation will suspend all group fitness classes as of today, November 24. This is a temporary suspension in addition to the cancellation of spin and high intensity classes until we receive updated guidance from the Province. If you are affected by class cancellations or suspensions, you will be contacted by our Recreation staff. Other non-exercise group programs such as art or music classes will continue.
Due to the Provincial Health orders (PHO) issued November 24, there is currently a temporary hold placed on any new one time individual court bookings for tennis, pickleball, badminton and table tennis. Saanich registered Programs, and Permitted group rentals for these specific activities are unaffected at this time. As these measures are evolving, we encourage patrons to check back for further updates regularly.
- Masks must be worn in all public and common areas of Saanich Recreation Centres and Parks Facilities.
- Participants must wear a mask while participating in non-sport and non-fitness related activities. These include, and are not limited to, pottery classes, music classes, and other non-exercise programs.
- All adults must wear a medical or non-medical mask that covers the nose and mouth. Face shields are not an accepted substitute.
- Children between the ages of 2 and 12 are highly encouraged to wear masks. Children under 2, and those that cannot put on or remove a mask without the assistance of others are exempt from the mask requirement.
- In areas like weight rooms, masks should be worn in between elements when not working out.
Four full-service community recreation centres; one 18-hole golf course, as well as several additional community facilities:
How was your last visit? Tell us here: Customer Survey