Saanich assists individuals and families living on a low income to access recreation services and programs at our recreation centres.
Effective August 3, 2021, the Leisure Involvement for Everyone (L.I.F.E.) includes:
NEW LIFE applicants have two options to choose from for the LIFE programs:
- 52x FREE drop-ins with additional discount coupons to registered programs
- LIFE participants can purchase an annual pass valid for one year from the date of sale at 50% off the regular price
* If you are a current LIFE participant and you have a 52x drop-in pass, you are permitted to receive an annual pass at 50% off of the regular cost between now and Dec. 31st, 2021. As we move into 2022 LIFE registrations and after Dec. 31st, 2021, all LIFE participants will be given a choice for participation as noted above. As an exception due to the pandemic and our omission of the annual pass option, current 2021 LIFE members will be able to ultimately receive the benefits of both choices 1 & 2 as noted above for 2021 only.
Eligible individuals and families are required to be:
- A Saanich resident
- Low income. Please refer to the numbers listed below
The following Low-income threshold numbers will be used for 2021 applications (Per # of People in a family)
Please visit any one of our four Saanich Recreation Centres to apply for the 2021 LIFE Program.
|# in family||Income Threshold|
How to Apply for the LIFE Program during the
Our four Saanich Recreation Centres are open and ready to assist you. Please follow the COVID-19 Safety Protocols in place, Masks are recommended in public spaces for those 12 and over who are not yet fully vaccinated. Masks are no longer required while exercising in the weight room. Please follow all directional arrows, and while we assist you, please physically distance. Thank you.
If entering a recreation facility is not possible for you during this time, please email our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer Mena Westhaver at email@example.com. Please be patient during this time, Mena will get back to you as soon as possible.
What do you need to apply:
- Proof of current Saanich residency (a utility bill issued within 3 months or a current signed rental agreement).
- A Notice of Assessment(s). As an exception due to COVID-19, we will accept a 2019 or 2020 Notice of Assessment as proof of income until further notice.
- A completed adjudicator form may be used to show proof of low income if your current income has been affected by COVID-19 as explained below.
*To assist those wanting to apply for the LIFE program, we have amended our adjudicator form which you can find here.
An adjudicator form can replace a notice of assessment if illness, job loss or an experience such as the pandemic has negatively impacted your current income status.
- Full-time post-secondary students are NOT eligible for the LIFE program. Spouses and dependents of students (that are not students themselves) are still eligible
- You cannot transfer coupons, access cards and membership passes.
More Funding Support
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
Effective January 15, 2021 the Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program now requires applicants to apply directly here.
Our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer is here to support you. If you require assistance please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
KidsFUNd, is an internal grant source through Saanich Parks, Recreation and Community Services available to support children 3 to 18 years. KidsFUNd grants support recreation fees for Saanich Recreation services only.
The Saanich Legacy Foundation and Saanich Recreation offer program funding so kids can be healthy, engage socially and PLAY! KidsFUNd supports qualified applicants in all areas of recreation from sports to the arts. The funding application is above. If you want to support this program and provide a child the opportunity to be engaged in recreation, please contact the Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer, email@example.com directly.
How to apply:
- Fill out the KidsFUNd application
- Return the completed form to our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer, Mena Westhaver
Thank you. We look forward to assisting your family where we can.
How to Find Us