Saanich assists individuals and families living on a low income to access recreation services and programs at our recreation centres.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, an amended Adjudicator Form has been created and can be found below. This form is readily available during this time to assist those that would like to access the benefits of the LIFE program but may not have income information or their current income falls in the low income bracket.
Leisure Involvement for Everyone (L.I.F.E.) includes
- Discount coupons
- Drop-in admissions
- Discounted annual memberships
Eligible individuals and families are required to be:
- A Saanich resident
- Low income. Please refer to the numbers listed below
The following Low-income threshold numbers will be used for 2020 applications (Per # of People in Household)
- 1 = $24,689
- 2 = $34,915
- 3 = $42,762
- 4 = $49,377
- 5 = $55,206
- 6 = $60,475
- 7 = $65,321
How to Apply for the LIFE Program during the COVID-19 Pandemic
Please email our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer Mena Westhaver at email@example.com. Please be patient during this time, Mena will get back to you as soon as possible.
What do you need to apply:
- Proof of current Saanich residency (a utility bill within 3 months or a signed rental agreement).
- A Notice of Assessment(s). Please note: In common-law and marital situations, combined income is required for application therefore, both individuals will need to provide proof of income by showing their individual notice of assessments.
- A completed adjudicator form may be used to show proof of low income if your current income has been affected by COVID-19 as explained above.
Due to COVID-19, temporary building closures and new future admission procedures, the LIFE package will include:
- An access card with 52 drop-in admissions at any Greater Victoria recreation facility
- Each LIFE member will also receive a variety of discount coupons for Saanich recreation programs.
- If you had a Saanich or a Regional Annual pass, your pass was suspended as of March 17, 2020 and no further payments have been taken. You will receive a 52x drop-in pass as a replacement for your annual pass for the remainder of 2020. Thank you for your understanding.
- Full-time post-secondary students are NOT eligible for the LIFE program. Spouses and dependents of students (that are not students themselves) are still eligible
- You can’t transfer coupons, access cards and membership passes.
More Funding Support
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
Due to COVID-19, Jumpstart funding was suspended March 15th-June 15th, 2020. Please apply online here
KidsFUNd, an internal grant source through Saanich Parks, Recreation and Community Services is working hard to support your family during this time. Please apply with this application.
The Saanich Legacy Foundation and Saanich Recreation offer program funding so kids can be healthy, engage socially and PLAY! KidsFUNd supports children 3-18 years of age in all areas of recreation from sports to the arts. The funding application is above. If you want to support this program and provide a child the opportunity to be engaged in recreation, please contact me directly.
- Fill out the kidsFUNd form
- Then return the completed form to our Financial Assistance Recreation Programmer, Mena Westhaver.
How to Find Us