Saanich assists individuals and families living on a low income to access recreation services and programs at our recreation centres.
During the COVID-19 Pandemic, an amended Adjudicator Form has been created and can be found below. This form is readily available during this time to assist those that would like to access the benefits of the LIFE program but may not have income information or their current income falls in the low income bracket.
Leisure Involvement for Everyone (L.I.F.E.) currently includes
- Discount coupons available for Saanich Recreation programs
- Drop-in admissions available for admission to all Greater Victoria Recreation Centres
Eligible individuals and families are required to be:
- A Saanich resident
- Low income. Please refer to the numbers listed below
The following Low-income threshold numbers will be used for 2021 applications (Per # of People in a family)
Please visit any one of our four Saanich Recreation Centres to apply for the 2021 LIFE Program. The following Low-income threshold numbers will be used for 2021 applications (Per # of People in a family)
|# in family||Income Threshold|
How to Apply for the LIFE Program during the
Our four Saanich Recreation Centres are open and ready to assist you. Please follow the COVID-19 Safety Protocols in place, wear a face covering, follow all directional arrows, and while we assist you, please physically distance. Thank you.
If entering a recreation facility is not possible for you during this time, please email our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer Mena Westhaver at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please be patient during this time, Mena will get back to you as soon as possible.
What do you need to apply:
- Proof of current Saanich residency (a utility bill within 3 months or a signed rental agreement).
- A Notice of Assessment(s). As an exception due to COVID-19, we will accept a 2018 or 2019 Notice of Assessment as proof of income until further notice.
- A completed adjudicator form may be used to show proof of low income if your current income has been affected by COVID-19 as explained above.
Due to COVID-19, temporary building closures and new future admission procedures, the LIFE package presently will include:
- An access card with 52 drop-in admissions at any Greater Victoria recreation facility
- Each LIFE member will also receive a variety of discount coupons for Saanich recreation programs.
- The purchase of an annual pass at 50% off the regular price is currently not available due to the uncertainties posed by COVID-19.
- If you had a Saanich or a Regional Annual pass, your pass in 2020 was suspended as of March 17, 2020 and no further payments were taken. You will receive a 52x drop-in pass as a replacement for your annual pass for the remainder of 2020. Thank you for your understanding.
- Full-time post-secondary students are NOT eligible for the LIFE program. Spouses and dependents of students (that are not students themselves) are still eligible
- You can’t transfer coupons, access cards and membership passes.
More Funding Support
Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program
The 2021 Canadian Tire Jumpstart Program has not announced their 2021 Grant Application kick-off. Applicants need to apply directly here.
Our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer is here to support you. If you require assistance please contact email@example.com
KidsFUNd, is an internal grant source through Saanich Parks, Recreation and Community Services available to support your family during this time. Please apply with this application.
The Saanich Legacy Foundation and Saanich Recreation offer program funding so kids can be healthy, engage socially and PLAY! KidsFUNd supports children 3-18 years of age in all areas of recreation from sports to the arts. The funding application is above. If you want to support this program and provide a child the opportunity to be engaged in recreation, please contact the Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer,
- Fill out the KidsFUNd form
- Then return the completed form to our Community Services Financial Assistance Programmer, Mena Westhaver
Thank you. We look forward to assisting your family where we can.
How to Find Us