The Provincial Government has officially moved BC to Step 3 of the Restart Plan. This means that we will be making significant changes to our operations and it may take some time to ensure that we are following the guidelines of the Provincial Health Officer, Island Health, the BCCDC and WorkSafe BC. Please follow us on social media to stay up to date on the latest developments. We also recommend you join our e-Newsletter which provides you with timely updates. Sign up for our eNews here
What does this mean for you?
- Masks are recommended in public spaces for those 12 and over who are not yet fully vaccinated. Masks are no longer required while exercising
- Capacity will be increased in many areas and some activities will move from a reserved drop in to no reservation required. Please see below for activity specific information
- Room rentals return with limited capacity (birthday parties). Limited space for seminars, workshops
- We ask that you do not attend the facility if feeling unwell
- Everyone is asked to engage in safe social contact
What to expect in the Weight Room:
- No Reservation required. Fine Weight Room hours for each centre here
- All equipment is open and we will be adding in equipment that has been in storage during COVID
- Masks are recommended but not mandatory
- Patrons are asked to clean the equipment after use
What to expect at Saanich Swimming Pools:
Saanich Commonwealth Place
- Reserved Drop-In pre-registration is in effect with increased capacities for Family Pod Swims and Length Swimming until August 1.
- Reservations can be made here up to 1 week in advance.
- Drop-In access will resume August 3. Schedule will be available soon here
- Waterfit schedule reservations can be made here
- Pool viewing area is now open
- Hot Tub, Sauna and Steam Room will open August 3
- No occupancy limits in the change rooms. Change room showers are open
- No change to swim lessons. The same procedure of requiring parent participation for children under 8 years of age will continue until further notice
- Hair Dryers and on deck water fountains are now available
- Lockers are available
Gordon Head Recreation Centre
- Lane swimming coming soon! Check back here for the date and where to reserve
- Swimming Reserved Drop-In pre-registration for Family and Leisure Swims including Hot Tub is in effect until further notice. Reservations can be made here up to 1 week in advance
- Capacities will gradually increase over the summer
- Pool viewing area is now open
- Sauna and Steam Room will open on July 28
- Change room showers are open for swimmers and weight room patrons
- Swim lessons. continue with parental swim support for Preschool and Swim Kids 1 to 4 levels, until further notice. Laundry basket and fast track exit will continue to be available.
- Lockers, air dryers and on deck water fountain are now available
What to expect for Skating at G.R. Pearkes:
- Public skates will remain as a Reserved Drop-In until further notice
- Capacity will increase over the summer.
- Reservation can be made here up to 1 week in advance
What to expect at the Cedar Hill Golf Course:
- Open 7:30am - 7pm
- Please limit congregating before and after your round
- Please engage in safe social contact
- Golfers/Visitors must follow the Golfer Safety Protocols when on-site
When will Access Passes be available for purchase?
- An exciting new Continuos Access Pass will be available starting August 3! Click here for more information.
- This new pass will auto-renew and will save you the hassle of worrying about expirations
- The Access Pass will be available to purchase online and at all 4 Saanich Recreation Centres
- Save $10 off your first month by purchasing online
Face Masks Not Mandatory
End of reserve drop-in across more areas, class size limitations lifted, term passes available for sale. Resumption of all public drop-in classes, and all facility rentals.