You are invited to the Vic Derman Park dedication Ceremony on July 15 - 10-11:30 a.m.
Join us to honour the legacy of the late Councillor Vic Derman. Meet in Vic Derman Park at 10 a.m. sharp.
Attendees are encouraged to walk, bike, hike or bus to honour Vic Derman’s commitment to alternative transportation and the environment. Park at the Hall or the Swan Lake Nature House parking lot and walk up Christmas Hill either up Rainbow Street or via Nelthorpe (approximately 25 minutes or 1.3 km).
Light refreshments will be served in Vic Derman Park after the dedication ceremony.
About the park
- This is a 3.29 ha natural area with an open meadow and Garry Oak stands.
- The small municipal park is next to Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary on Christmas Hill.
- The hill itself, “Christmas Hill”, retains its name.
- Park trails connect adjoining neighbourhoods, provide access to the nature sanctuary and are one of the “Safe Routes to School” for Roger’s elementary school.
- Vic Derman was an avid cyclist and tireless community advocate who championed many causes related to sustainability including securing some of the protected areas on Christmas Hill