Saanich Strawberry Festival
Sunday, July 12, 2020
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
NEW for 2020: Strawberries and Ice Cream tickets: $1 per serving
BEAVER LAKE PARK
From its start as a celebration of Saanich’s agricultural roots, the Strawberry Festival has blossomed into a grand event for all ages. Enjoy a wide variety of free family activities, including stage entertainment, information displays, face-painting, program demonstrations, craft activities and a wide variety of inflatable games, obstacles, slides and castles.
Bring a blanket and enjoy a day at the beach while a variety of performers entertain on two stages this year.
Upper Level Stage Schedule
11:00 am - 12:00 pm TBD
12:15 - 1:30 pm TBD
1:45 - 3:00 pm Commodores Big Band
Lower Level Stage Schedule
Schedule will be available in June
Of course, the afternoon wouldn’t be complete without the traditional serving of strawberries and ice cream from 1:00 - 3:00 pm.
Strawberries and Ice Cream
Don't miss out on this tradition! The serving of strawberries and ice cream only takes place from 1:00 - 3:00 pm
- Tickets for the strawberries and ice cream go on sale at 11:00 am until quantities last at the Tickets Tent near the children's playground on the Upper Level.
- Tickets will likely sell out by 2:30 - 2:45 pm so don't wait until the end of the day. Approximately 3800 tickets will be sold.
- Tickets for strawberries and ice cream will now be $1 per serving.
- Cash sales only - there is no ATM (cash machine) located within the park.
Parking & Shuttle Bus
The Strawberry Festival is a very popular tradition and the main and lower level parking lots will most likely fill up by 12:00 noon. The overflow grass parking area (just off Elk Lake Drive) will be open and two shuttle buses will run from 12:00 noon - 4:00 pm. Shuttle Bus pick-up/drop off locations will be at:
- Saanich Commonwealth Place (please use transit to get to SCP)
- near the grass overflow parking area
- the entrance to the upper level parking lot
Avoid the busy parking lots and Take BC Transit
The Royal Oak transit exchange is a short distance from Commonwealth Place. Leave the car at home and jump on the shuttle bus from Commonwealth Place.
Activities and Particpating Organizations
UPPER LEVEL - Activities and Displays
- Gordon Head Lions - SnoCones and Cotton Candy
- Rotary Club Concession - Burgers & Hot Dogs
- CRD Parks
- CRD Environmental Services
- Saanich Fire Department
- Main Entertainment Stage
- Ticket Sales Tent
- Ice Cream Serving Tent
- MEDIX - First Aid
- Saanich Emergency Preparedness
LOWER LEVEL - Activities and Displays
- Face Painting by Saanich Parks & Recreation
- Saanich Information Booth
- Obstacle Courses & Inflatables
- Medix - First Aid
- CFAX - Virgin Radio 107.3
- KidsFUNd Concession
- Mini Donuts by Noel
- Concession Area Seating
- Greek on the Street - Concession
- Molly's Fish & Chips
- Lower Level Entertainment Stage
- Island Savings - Face Painting
- Pacific Institute of Sport Excellence
- Strawberry Vale Pre-school
- Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary