Thursday, April 22 to May 10
Stay Local, Stay Safe! The Saanich GeoQuest is an outdoor scavenger hunt you can do safely with your family, on your own schedule. Participants will explore Saanich to find a series of 20 locations in parks, on trails, and at community facilities. On your quest using active transportation, explore the community and discover unique natural and cultural heritage sites.
2 new locations will be posted below each day as well as on the Saanich Parks, Recreation and Community Services Facebook page starting Earth Day, Thursday April 22.
- You will have 10 days to visit as many of the 20 locations as you can find.
- Each location will include a picture and clues to where it might be located in Saanich.
- When you visit a location simply take a picture of yourself at the location and upload your image using the links on this page.
- Each location you visit will earn you an entry into the prize draw. Visit all 20 locations to earn 20 entries. All photos must be uploaded by May 10.
- One prize per person.
- Family members can use the same photo (group images) but we ask that you submit names of each family member separately in the contest links below, which also gives you more entries into the prize draw.
- Photo entries can also be sent to the Event Coordinator by email if you do not have a Facebook account
Prizes to be won!
- $800 Gift Card to Cycles West
- Gardening Basket (Valued at $250)
- Golf Basket (Valued at $250)
- Family Games Basket (Valued at $250)
- Health & Fitness Basket (Valued at $250)
- Emergency Preparedness Basket (Valued at $250)
Location Photos and Clues
To view the GeoQuest locations you can open the files below and then use the upload link to enter your pictures in the contest
PLEASE NOTE: The GeoQuest location sign seen in the pictures will NOT be in the spot when you arrive, you just need to be in the area to take your photo.
Saanich Earth Day Festival returns in 2022
We are not able to offer the Saanich Earth Day Festival this year due to the on-going global pandemic and Provincial restrictions on social gatherings . We look forward to the day when restrictions are lifted, but in the meantime we are excited to offer this virtual event for you and your family to enjoy.