Explore Saanich by Bike!
The 2019 festival route includes community Celebration Stations where you can collect stamps on your event map. Start your journey at the Celebration Station closest to you and then return your map to the Saanich Hall for a chance to win a variety of great prizes. Enjoy a variety of free family activities in the Saanich Hall parking lot from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm.
The Kids Decorated Bike Ride starts at 1:00 pm and you can choose either the 1.5 km or 2.2 km route.
The more Celebration Stations you visit, the more chances you will have to win prizes and the more exploring Saanich you will have achieved.
The main Celebration Site will be located at the Saanich Hall at 770 Vernon Avenue.
Some celebration stations will close by 2:30 pm to ensure all cyclists have a chance to make it to the Saanich Hall before the event concludes.
Click on the map image below to open the Festival Map
Celebration Stations will be located at:
- Saanich Municipal Hall [PDF - 186 KB]
- Tillicum and Galloping Goose Trail [PDF - 129 KB]
- Grange Road and Galloping Goose Trail [PDF - 177 KB]
- Quadra Street and Lochside Trail [PDF - 167 KB]
- Blenkinsop Greenway - Lochside Trail [PDF - 189 KB]
- Lochside Elementary School [PDF - 180 KB]
Look for these free family activities to be included in the day:
- Bike Rodeo
- Cycling Obstacle Course and Skills Challenge
- Kids Decorated Bike Parade at 1:00 pm
- Face Painting
- Interactive Information Booths
- Bike Safety Tent
- Festival Food Carts and Concessions
Need a tune up? Get your bike looked at during the Festival to see if it is road ready.
The Kids Ride at 1:00 pm features two routes to choose from so all ages and abilities can take part.