Due to Covid-19 Earth Day Events have been cancelled until further notice.
ACTIVE TRANSPORTATION | EDUCATION | CLIMATE ACTION
Sunday, April 19, 2020
11:00 am - 3:00 pm
Saanich Municipal Hall
Explore Saanich by bike, celebrate Earth Day, and learn about the different ways we can care about the Earth and decrease human impact on our climate.
The event will showcase the expansion of the Saanich cycling network and investment in active transportation, raise awareness of our natural assets and highlight green initiatives outlined in the 2020 Climate Action Plan. Join us for an opportunity to get active and learn how to take action on protecting our natural environment.
Guests who cycle to the festival can register to win a variety of prizes including a $500 gift certificate to a local cycling shop.
Enjoy a variety of free family activities in the Saanich Hall parking lot from 11:00 am - 3:00 pm.
- Live Bands on Middleton Plaza
- Farmers Market
- Eco-Friendly Interactive displays
- Guided Nature Walks around Swan Lake
- Cycling Obstacle Course and Skills Challenge
- Electric Bike demonstration and trials
- Energy reduction displays
- Electric Vehicle Display
- Kids Eco-centre Play Area
- Saanich Parks Natural Intelligence display
- Bike Safety area and Tune Up
- Festival Food Carts and Concessions
- Volunteer engagement and Recruitment Fair
- Face Painting & Inflatables
Stage Schedule on Middleton Plaza
11:30 am - 12:45 pm Waiting for Sunshine
1:15 pm - 2:45 pm Cookeilidh
- Swan Lake Nature Sanctuary
- Pedlaheads - Atlantis Programs
- Saanich Engineering
- Saanich Parks, Recreation & Community Services
- Supply Victoria - Earth Day craft station
- CRD Regional Parks
- North Park Bike Shop
- Cycles West
- Peninsula Streams
- Oak Bay BIkes
- GVCC - Bike to Work Week Society
- Shaw Centre for the Salish Sea
- Mt. View Colquitz Community Association
- Rocky Point Bird Observatory
If your organization would like to take part in the Earth Day Celebration please contact Rob Phillips for more information on how you can get involved.
- Greek on the Street
- Molly's Fish & Chips
- Grilled to the Mac
- Mama Rosies
- Mini Donuts