If you are planning of demolishing a structure(s) that measure more than 10 x 10 (107sqft) on your property, demolition permits are required.
Each structure on a property measuring more than 10 x 10 (107sqft) require a separate permit.
It is important to get a permit for demolitions so that BC Assessment removes the structure from your tax assessment.
The links below contain the necessary information you need to submit in order to help speed up processing your permit.
The more complete your application is, the faster you will get your permit.
Application: Residential Demolitions - Single Family Dwelling, Duplex or Accessory Building [PDF - 95 KB]
A complete application includes:
- Three complete site plans.
- Completed application form.
- Owner signature or if you’re not the owner, an Agent's Authorization [PDF - 41 KB] from the owner.
- Application fee [PDF - 81 KB]
- Archaeological approval from the Archaeological branch of BC before you can start any excavation work on your property. Approval must be received prior to issuance of your permit. You can request this information about your property here: www.archdatarequest.nrs.gov.bc.ca
More information to help you prepare a correct permit application submission. See below, or request hard copies from Inspection Services at the Municipal Hall.
For questions about trees and development, applying for tree permits and the Tree Protection Bylaw contact Saanich Parks.