If you are planning to construct and/or install an above-ground or in-ground swimming pool you will need a permit.
The links below are designed to assist you with your permit application. Each link includes the necessary information you need to submit in order to help speed up processing your permit.
The more complete your application is, the faster you will get your permit.
Application: Swimming Pool Permit [PDF - 180 KB]
A complete application includes:
- Five complete sets of plans including a site plan and fencing details, including gates.
- Completed application form.
- Current certificate of title dated within 30 days plus copies of any encumbrances registered against the parcel (Covenants, Rights-of-Way).
- Owner signature or if you’re not the owner, an Agent’s Authorization [PDF - 76 KB] from the owner.
- Application fee [PDF - 81 KB]
If you are planning on constructing a pool house or pump building (larger than 107sqft), you will also require a building permit. Please visit our Accessory Building permit page.
If you are plumbing your pool directly into your domestic water system then you will also need a plumbing permit for a backflow preventer. Please visit our Plumbing permit page.
More information to help you prepare a correct permit application submission. See below, or request hard copies from Inspection Services at the Municipal Hall.
- Additional Permit Information [PDF - 131 KB]
- Building & Plumbing Bylaw [PDF - 642 KB]
- Swimming Pool & Liquid Storage Tank Fence Bylaw [PDF - 15 KB]
For questions about trees and development, applying for tree permits and the Tree Preservation Bylaw.