When You Need a Permit
We require permits to regulate the fill you add to your property and to protect the environment.
You need to apply for a permit when you plan to:
- Change the grade by adding fill or removing soil.
- Place more than 40 cubic meters of fill.
- Remove any soil from your property.
What to Include in Your Application
2. A site plan from a certified engineer or land surveyor showing:
- The area where you plan to put the fill.
- The area where you plan to remove soil.
- All natural water courses.
- A drawing that shows the profile of existing and proposed grades and cross sections.
Permit Application Costs
- 2,000 cubic meters or less: $300
- 2,000 to 50,000 cubic meters: $1,000
- 50,000 cubic meters or more: $2,000
- Permit Fee of $0.50 per cubic meter of fill deposited.
Surety Deposit (refundable)
- First 2,000 cubic metres or less for each half hectare or part of: $2,000
- More than 2,000 cubic metres: $2,000 plus $0.50 per cubic meter.
Fees may change.
You may also need an Agricultural Land Commission application if you plan to make changes on agricultural land. Current fee: $600.