Complaint process

If you see someone or something that breaches a bylaw, we want to hear about it.

  • Our response to bylaw breaches is primarily complaint based, though certain matters are proactively investigated in response to complaints or observations from municipal staff, police or other agencies.
  • If you report a breach, we will investigate the matter.
  • One person's complaint is enough for most bylaw breaches.
  • We need at least two people to file complaints for noise or illegal occupancy.
  • You must live within 100 meters of the offending property to file a complaint.
  • Please register a complaint by calling 250-475-5456 or completing the Report a Problem form.