New Electric Vehicle (EV) infrastructure requirements come into effect in Saanich beginning September 1, 2020.
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Infrastructure Requirements Compliance Form [PDF - 162 KB]
- Electric Vehicle (EV) Infrastructure Requirements Technical Bulletin [PDF - 281 KB]
Saanich Inspections enforces:
- Building and plumbing regulations
- Municipal bylaws
Building permits for new construction applied for on or after January 1, 2020 will need to demonstrate compliance with the BC Energy Step Code:
- Step 3 for Part 9 homes (excluding small single family dwellings less than 1,200 ft2);
- Step 2 for Part 9 small single family dwellings less than 1,200 ft2;
- Step 3 for Part 3 mid-rise/wood-frame buildings (6 storeys and under);
- Step 2 for Part 3 concrete high-rise residential buildings (over 6-storeys) and commercial buildings.
- For further information, please visit Sustainable Saanich.
Saanich Building Inspections is responsible for overseeing the construction, alteration, repair or demolition of buildings by ensuring the construction is in compliance with the BC Building Code with respect to the health, safety, fire and structural integrity of buildings and structures.
Our Building and Plumbing Officials confirm that the work carried out meets the requirements of the BC Building Code, Saanich Building & Plumbing bylaws, Saanich Zoning bylaws, the Local Government Act and all other relevant bylaws and regulations.
Inspections will be conducted by our Building and Plumbing Officials at various stages of construction and records are kept on file for future reference.
If you plan to make changes to your property or buildings, please contact Inspections before you start. We will answer your questions to help avoid potential conflicts with our regulations.
Here are commonly used documents for when you notice bylaw breaches.
- Information on Saanich Bylaw Enforcement [PDF - 2.6 MB]
- Notice of dispute form [PDF - 56 KB]
- Parking Offence Notice - Review Request Form [PDF - 77 KB]