New this year – All Eligible Electors Can Vote by Mail Ballot
Mail ballot applications are now being accepted from any qualified elector in the District of Saanich.
To be a qualified elector, you must meet the following requirements:
- 18 years of age or older on General Voting Day (October 15, 2022);
- Canadian citizen;
- Resident of British Columbia for at least six months immediately preceding the day of registration;
- Resident of the District of Saanich; OR
- Registered owner of real property in Saanich for at least 30 days immediately preceding the day of registration; and
- Not disqualified under the Local Government Act or any other enactment from voting or be otherwise disqualified by law.
- A person or the commander of an armed forces unit who has been granted freedom of the municipality, if that person is a Canadian citizen (for Saanich Municipal Council offices only)
Requesting a Mail Ballot
Eligible electors can request a mail in ballot by completing the Application to Vote by Mail Ballot Form . A copy of the application form can also be requested in-person, by email, fax or telephone, as follows:
Legislative Services Division
District of Saanich
2nd Floor, 770 Vernon Avenue
Victoria, BC V8X 2W7
Fax: 250-475-5429 (call our office to confirm the fax was received)
Please note that once you have registered to vote by mail ballot, you cannot vote at the regular or advance polls.
We are now accepting applications to vote by mail. Thursday, October 13, 2022 (4:00 pm) is the last day to request a mail ballot package.
The mail ballot package can be mailed to you or picked up at the Legislative Services office. For those requesting mail delivery, please consider the destination and that mail service excludes delivery on weekends and statutory holidays. Refer to the delivery information included with the Application.
If you are submitting your application to vote by mail on or after October 7, 2022, it is recommended that you pick up the package from the Legislative Services office (as time may not permit mailing).
Please note that if you request a mail ballot package in person, your application will take one day to process.
Mail Ballot Packages Available
Packages will be assembled and processed starting on or about September 30, 2022
Submitting Completed Mail Ballot Packages
The completed mail ballot package must be received by the Chief Election Officer at the Saanich Municipal Hall by
8 p.m. on general voting day (Saturday, October 15, 2022). Voters are responsible for making sure the mail ballot is received before the deadline. Ballots received after the deadline are not counted.