- Provides real estate and appraisal services to Council and departments.
- Buys and sells property on Saanich’s behalf.
- Manages all leased or rented properties owned by Saanich.
- Negotiates the acquisition of rights-of-way.
- Manages third party inquiries regarding property acquisition or disposition from Saanich in accordace with Council's Real Property Disposition Policy.
- Gives legal advice internally to Council and other departments. (Residents requiring legal advice should retain their own independent Solicitor).
- Prepares covenants, new bylaws and bylaw amendments, contracts/agreements and real estate documentation for Saanich. Any questions regarding same can be directed to the Legal Division.
- Manages all types of litigation including damage claims, bylaw prosecutions and labour arbitrations.
- Does Saanich require a Section 219 Covenant be registered against your property as part of your development, rezoning, subdivision or strata application? Click here for more information on the process.
- Protects Saanich’s assets, employees, volunteers and citizens from loss, damage or injury.
- Promotes policies and procedures designed to prevent incidents from occurring and reduce the effects of incidents.
- Performs building and plumbing inspections.
- Helps respond to zoning inquiries.
- Issues and helps the public with various construction permits.
- Bylaw staff respond to bylaw complaints and work with residents to avoid infractions.
- Issues and updates business licenses.