Join this free online workshop series about climate change big ideas and practical actions in your community. Learn from Saanich staff and expert guests about ways to make your transportation, home, yard, and purchases more resilient and climate-friendly and different tools and rebates available to support you. Come out of the series knowing more about the inspiring climate action happening in your community and with your own personal prioritized climate action plan.
Tuesday evenings from 7-8pm.
September 14 - October 19, 2021
Online using MS Teams. Link will be emailed prior to workshop.
Register through Saanich RecOnline: https://anc.ca.apm.activecommunities.com/saanich/activity/search/detail/60106?onlineSiteId=0&from_original_cui=true
Don't have an account? Simply email email@example.com to sign up.
Enrollment opens August 18th.
Workshop Series Topics
- Saanich Climate Action 101: an introduction to preparing your own Climate Action Plan
- Naturescape for climate resilience and biodiversity in your yard: Naturescaping can save you money and time, add greater enjoyment and inspiration to your gardening as well as increasing climate resilience and ecosystem services.
- Sustainable transportation: learn all about walking, transit, cycling, e-bikes, and electric vehicles and charging
- Climate-friendly home renovations: heat pumps are the most efficient, and climate-friendly, heating and cooling system on the market. Learn what a heat pump is, the benefits of heat pumps, how to find a program registered contractor and what rebates, financing offers and supports are available to help you upgrade your heating system.
- Lighter Living: tips and local resources, success stories, and ways to get involved in reducing your climate impact with your purchasing choices for food, clothing, consumer goods, and more.
- Emergency preparedness: what emergency preparedness from a climate adaptation perspective can include, and resources from Saanich to help.