The project is now in Phase 3 – Plan Development
Next community workshop January 26, 2019: Natural Areas and Community Amenities. Details posted soon or sign up for email notifications.
Phase 3 - Plan Development:
- November 27 & 28, 2018; Community Workshop: Housing and Land Use involved 155 community members exploring housing and land use in village edges, the broader neighborhood, Queenswood and Ten Mile Point areas. See the Opening Presentation [PDF - 9 MB], the Open House displays [PDF - 9 MB] and view the Workshop Results presentation [PDF - 8 MB].
- July to November 2018; Village storefront Gallery Display showcasing concept ideas emerging from the Village Design Charette. This allowed the broader community to view the work-in-progress.
- June 19 & 20, 2018; the Cadboro Bay Village Design Charrette took place involving 184 community participants. View the Charrette Presentation and the Village Design Charrette Video here.
Phase 2 - Community Visioning:
- November 5, 2018; Phase 2: Public Engagement Summary Report. See the community visioning survey results and open house comments received. This information is used to inform the planning process and upcoming workshops.
- May 12 - June 10, 2018; the Community Visioning Survey took place. 203 individuals completed the survey on-line and paper copy.
- May 12 & 14, 2018; the Community Visioning Open Houses were successfully completed.
- May 7, 2018; Saanich Talks Speakers Series # 2 Our Community in a Changing Climate looked at sustainable consumption, sea level rise, coastal impacts, biodiversity and climate change.
- March 21, 2018; Saanich Talks Speaker Series #1 Building Neighbourhoods for the Future marked the project kick-off event.
Phase 1 - Project Initiation:
- February, 2018; the Project Advisory Committee was formed. The Community Engagement Strategy was developed in collaboration with the Project Advisory Committee.
- December 2017 - February 2018; Initial consultation with community stakeholders, the Cadboro Bay Residents Association and the Cadboro Bay Business Association.
- November 28, 2017; council approved a project Terms of Reference for the Cadboro Bay Local Area Plan update.