We are currently in Phase 4: Draft Plan Review
This included open house events and a community survey to gather feedback on the Draft Plan. As part of this phase, community stakeholder groups and council advisory committees were also consulted.
As a result of a motion made by one of the council advisory committees, on March 14, 2022, Council considered the planning process and made the motion: “That Council direct Staff to undertake additional work to assess an expanded/more intense Village Centre with the purpose of expanding purpose built rental housing and housing opportunities for a broader range of incomes.”
We encourage you to stay posted as more information becomes available on next steps in the planning process and opportunities to participate.
Phase 4 - Draft Plan Review:
- November 13-25, 2021; Four Public Open House events included information displays with highlights from the Draft Plan. The same information is included in the Virtual Open House here.
- November 13, 2021 to January 10, 2022; Community Survey.
- December 2021 to March 2022; Consultation with community stakeholder groups which included the Cadboro Bay Residents Association, Cadboro Bay Village BIA and Urban Development Institute and Council Advisory Committees.
- See the Public Engagement & Survey Report [PDF - 3 MB].
Phase 3 - Plan Development:
- May 17, 2019; Phase 3: Public Engagement Summary Report. See all the input received at the design charrettes and workshops. This information is used to inform the draft plan development (Phase 4). Thank you to everyone who participated!
- February 26, 2019; Community Workshop 3: Transportation brought together 45 community members and stakeholders. This included people from all areas of Cadboro Bay, seniors and youth working side-by-side exploring ideas and priorities for Sinclair Road and Cadboro Bay Road. Looking at neighbourhood connections and mobility improvements. View the workshop open house display boards and the opening presentation by Saanich Engineering and BC Transit.
- January 26, 2019; Community Workshop 2: Natural Areas and Community Amenities engaged over 50 community members together with staff in a conversation that explored natural areas, the shoreline and recreation networks. See the open house display boards and introduction presentation slides.
- November 27 & 28, 2018; Community Workshop 1: Housing and Land Use involved 155 community members exploring housing and land use in village edges, the broader neighborhood, Queenswood and Ten Mile Point areas. See the opening presentation, the open house displays and the workshop results presentation.
- July to November 2018; Village storefront Gallery Display showcasing concept ideas emerging from the Village Design Charette. This allowed the broader community to view the work-in-progress.
- June 19 & 20, 2018; the Cadboro Bay Village Design Charrette took place involving 184 community participants in sharing ideas and developing concepts for the future of Cadboro Bay Village. View the Charrette Final Presentation and the Village Design Charrette Video here.
Phase 2 - Community Visioning:
- November 5, 2018; Phase 2: Public Engagement Summary Report. See the community visioning survey results and open house comments received. This information is used to inform the planning process and upcoming workshops.
- May 12 - June 10, 2018; the Community Visioning Survey took place. 203 individuals completed the survey on-line and paper copy.
- May 12 & 14, 2018; the Community Visioning Open Houses were successfully completed.
- May 7, 2018; Saanich Talks Speakers Series # 2 Our Community in a Changing Climate looked at sustainable consumption, sea level rise, coastal impacts, biodiversity and climate change.
- March 21, 2018; Saanich Talks Speaker Series #1 Building Neighbourhoods for the Future marked the project kick-off event.
Phase 1 - Project Initiation:
- February, 2018; the Project Advisory Committee was formed. The Community Engagement Strategy was developed in collaboration with the Project Advisory Committee.
- December 2017 - February 2018; Initial consultation with community stakeholders, the Cadboro Bay Residents Association and the Cadboro Bay Business Association.
- November 28, 2017; council approved a project Terms of Reference for the Cadboro Bay Local Area Plan update.