Uptown-Douglas Plan Update:
Developed from input received during a multi-year process, the Uptown-Douglas Plan was endorsed by Council, in principle on August 10, 2020. As part of the motion, an additional recommendation was added to engage advisory committees and assess the potential transition of land use based on plan directions, prior to the Plan being considered for formal adoption.
A proposed Uptown-Douglas Plan [PDF - 35 MB] and supplementary information (feedback from committees and economic analysis) will be presented to Council at the Committee of the Whole meeting on January 17, 2022 for consideration of 1st Reading. Information on how to provide input is available on the Council Agenda page.
A copy of the Report to Council and Attachments can be accessed below:
- Report [PDF - 248 KB]
- Attachment A: Uptown-Douglas Plan [PDF - 35 MB]
- Attachment B: July 23, 2020 Staff Report [PDF - 18 MB]
- Attachment C: OCP Amendment Bylaw [PDF - 19 MB]
- Attachment D: Council Comments [PDF - 299 KB]
- Attachment E: Committee Comments [PDF - 187 KB]
- Attachment F: Housing Task Force Comments [PDF - 239 KB]
- Attachment G: Housekeeping Edits [PDF - 473 KB]
- Attachment H: Minor Amendments [PDF - 254 KB]
- Attachment I: Potential Major Plan Amendments [PDF - 246 KB]
- Attachment J: Economic Analysis [PDF - 1 MB]
The Uptown-Douglas (UD) Plan provides a 20 to 30 year vision with objectives and actions to implement the goals and policies of the Official Community Plan. The UD Plan has a focus on affordable and diverse housing, active transportation, economic vibrancy, urban design, sustainable development and climate change mitigation and resilience.
How to provide input:
As part of the upcoming process, you are invited to provide input and feedback to Council on the proposed Plan now, and again as part of the public hearing process. Although in-person attendance is now permitted, space for attendees in the Council Chambers is extremely limited due to COVID-19 related safety measures. It is available on a first-come, first-served basis. It is recommended that applicants and/or residents who wish to attend the meeting in person have an alternate plan for electronic participation in case space is not available. Electronic or telephone participation is strongly recommended.
To register to speak at the meeting via telephone or video on MS Teams:
- Email the meeting date, agenda item you wish to speak to, and your phone number to firstname.lastname@example.org; or
- Phone 250-475-5501 and specify which meeting date and agenda item you wish to speak to.
Instructions will be emailed to all registrants on the afternoon of the meeting.
Written correspondence received up to 12:00 p.m., noon, on the day of the meeting will be copied to Council for their consideration. All correspondence submitted will form part of the public record and may be published in a meeting agenda.
- Send your comments to Council by emailing email@example.com
- Mail your comments by post to Legislative Services, District of Saanich, 770 Vernon Avenue, Victoria, BC V8X 2W7.
- Leave your written comments in the dropbox by the main door at Municipal Hall, 770 Vernon Avenue.
An opportunity to speak during the meeting will be available, please watch the web-stream for details. All meetings are streamed live on Saanich.ca.
As noted above, the agenda package is available online, the Thursday before the meeting at Saanich.ca/agenda.