Gordon Head Recreation Centre
Lap Pool: 84.5 F / 29C Leisure Pool: 89 F / 31.5 C Tots Pool: 95 F / 35 C Hot Tub: 104 F / 40C
Connect With Us
- Main Pool (25 metres, with rope swing, climbing wall, slide, stairs)
- Leisure Pool (1 metre deepest point, with bubblers, sprayers, waterfalls, river pool)
- River Pool, Tot Pool & shallow water area
- Whirlpool, Sauna and Steamroom for adults
- 100% wheelchair accessible with shower wheelchairs
- 3000 sq ft Weightroom with stretching area
- 1400 sq ft Dance/Fitness Studio
- Youth Park featuring skateboarding and rollerblading
- Multi-Purpose rooms and auditorium available for rental
- Business and party rentals
Nurturing Eco-Literacy in Saanich
Saanich Parks and Recreation recognizes the value of kids spending time in play in the natural world. We strive to include nature based experiences whenever possible in our preschools, early childhood programs, and camps. There are many benefits to including nature play within our programs including:
- Creating a Connection with Nature
- Develop Skills, Abilities & Confidence
- Re-Enchantment with the Natural World
- Improved Levels of Physical Activity or More Physically Active
A Natural Partnership
This year Saanich is partnering with Swan Lake Christmas Hill Nature Sanctuary to offer our first outdoor preschool program. Swan Lake is not only home to a wide variety of birds and animal species, it is also home to many wonderful and engaging nature programs for children of all ages. With its 48 acres of outdoor classroom, SLCHNS continues to be the go-to site for nature education in Saanich. If a full year preschool is not for you, check out the other great programs for children at SLCHNS www.swanlake.bc.ca.
Some Eco-Friendly changes at Gordon Head Recreation Centre:
UV Pool Filtration comes to Gordon Head!
Gordon Head Recreation Centre is pleased to announce the addition of ultraviolet technology to its pool disinfection, in addition to the existing chlorine-based system. There are many benefits of UV filtration ranging from improved health and safety to lower expenses.
Ready for a solar shower?
Saanich is very excited to have our first solar hot water system installed on a municipal building at our Gordon Head Recreation Centre. Next time you are at Gordon Head, take a look at the four panels on the roof that are now heating the centre’s shower water. The system is expected to reduce our carbon footprint by 20 tonnes annually (almost 400 GJ of Natural Gas).
Plumbing and Pipe Trades students apply new skills — read about the community connection between Camosun College’s Plumbing Department and Gordon Head Recreation’s new solar hot water system.