Gordon Head Recreation Centre
Lap Pool: 84.5 F / 29C Leisure Pool: 89 F / 31.5 C Tots Pool: 95 F / 35 C Hot Tub: 104 F / 40C
Connect With Us
Gordon Head Recreation Centre will be closed for annual maintenance from June 17 to July 1, re-opening July 2 at 6:00am on our summer schedule. Please note that Reception will have reduced hours during the maintenance closure.
June 17 - 21 Centre CLOSED; Reception Open 8:00am - 3:30pm
June 22 & 23 Centre CLOSED
June 24 - July 1 Centre CLOSED; Reception Open 8:00am - 3:30pm
- Main Pool (25 metres, with rope swing, climbing wall, slide, stairs)
- Leisure Pool (1 metre deepest point, with bubblers, sprayers, waterfalls, river pool)
- River Pool, Tot Pool & shallow water area
- Whirlpool, Sauna and Steamroom for adults
- 100% wheelchair accessible with shower wheelchairs
- 3000 sq ft Weightroom with stretching area
- 1400 sq ft Dance/Fitness Studio
- Youth Park featuring skateboarding and rollerblading
- Multi-Purpose rooms and auditorium available for rental
- Business and party rentals
Some Eco-Friendly changes at Gordon Head Recreation Centre:
UV Pool Filtration comes to Gordon Head!
Gordon Head Recreation Centre is pleased to announce the addition of ultraviolet technology to its pool disinfection, in addition to the existing chlorine-based system. There are many benefits of UV filtration ranging from improved health and safety to lower expenses.
Ready for a solar shower?
Saanich is very excited to have our first solar hot water system installed on a municipal building at our Gordon Head Recreation Centre. Next time you are at Gordon Head, take a look at the four panels on the roof that are now heating the centre’s shower water. The system is expected to reduce our carbon footprint by 20 tonnes annually (almost 400 GJ of Natural Gas).
Plumbing and Pipe Trades students apply new skills — read about the community connection between Camosun College’s Plumbing Department and Gordon Head Recreation’s new solar hot water system.