The Animals Bylaw requires that all dogs over the age of 4 months be licensed on or before February 1st of each year. Licences are valid for the calendar year.
How To Buy A Licence
You can go to one of the following locations and buy your dog licence directly:
- Pay On-Line (a dog tag will be mailed to you)
- In person at the Cashier, Municipal Hall, 770 Vernon Avenue
- Cedar Hill Recreation Centre, 3220 Cedar Hill Road
- Gordon Head Recreation Centre, 4100 Lambrick Way
- Pearkes Recreation Centre, 3100 Tillicum Road
- Saanich Commonwealth Place, 4636 Elk Lake Drive
- A Dog Licence Application is available on-line, or it can be mailed to you at your request.
If your dog has been neutered/spayed within the last 12 months or is a Guide Dog, the licence is free. Please bring the applicable certificate with you when you obtain the dog tag. For further information, please contact the Dog Licence Division at (250) 475-5494, ext 3587 or email@example.com
|Fees||Before March 1||After March 1|
|Male or Female Dog||$35.00||$40.00|
|Neutered or Spayed Dog||$25.00||$30.00|
|Replacement Tag||$ 5.00||$ 5.00|
Fun Facts about Saanich's Canine Residents (top 10)
|Males By Name||Females By Name||Popular Breeds|
|Charlie||Molly||Labrador X / Labrador|
|Max||Charlie||German Shepherd X / German Shepherd|
|Jack||Maggie||Border Collie / Border Collie X|
|Sam||Lucy||Bichon Frise/ Bichon Frise X|
|Toby||Sophie||Jack Russell Terrier|
On August 30, 2000, new legislation came into force in British Columbia that allows quick action to be taken to protect people and animals from dangerous dogs. A dangerous dog is one that has killed or seriously injured, or is likely to kill or seriously injure, a person or domestic animal.