Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard.
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, a friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. A great way to meet people!
Gentle Walk and Talk
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. Walks follow mainly chip or gravel trails but may have some steep sections. No registration required. Sorry, dogs not permitted.
Thursdays 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- July 5 - Bowker Creek. Meet at Cedar Hill Recreation Centre in lobby.
- July 12 - Swan Lake-Reynolds-Playfair Parks. Meet at end of Nelthorpe, off McKenzie
- July 19 - Calvert Park to Logan Park. Meet at the far west end of Viaduct, off Interurban
- July 26 - Mount Douglas Park lower slopes. Meet at washrooms in main parking lot off of Cordova Bay Rd, at Ash St.
- August 2 - Cedar Hill to Peacock Hill. Meet at Cedar Hill Rec Centre in lobby.
- August 9 - Swan Lake. Meet at end of Nelthorpe, off McKenzie.
- August 16 - Gorge Waterway Park. Meet at Gorge Waterway, near Canoe Club off of Tillicum Rd.
- August 23 - Knockan Hill. Meet at Strawberry Vale Community Hall
- August 30 - Cadboro Bay to Mystic Vale. Meet at Cadboro Gyro Park end of Sinclair Rd, beside washrooms.
Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard. Guided walks are open to adults of all ages. No registration necessary. Please wear sturdy footwear and bring drinking water. Walks go rain or shine. Leashed, well-socialized dogs are welcome.
Sundays, 1 to 3 p.m.
Penny Stevens and Robert Newell
- July 22 - Cadboro Bay to Ten Mile Point. Meet at Cadboro Bay Gyro Park parking lot near washroom building.
- August 26 - Rediscovering Bowker Creek. Meet in parking lot of former Sears Garden Centre, Hillside Mall.