Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard.
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, a friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. A great way to meet people!
Gentle Walk and Talk
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. Walks follow mainly chip or gravel trails but may have some steep sections. No registration required. Sorry, dogs not permitted.
Thursdays 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- Sep 6 - Calvert Park to Logan Park. Meet at far West end of Viaduct Ave, off Interurban
- Sep 13 - Bow Park. Meet at Gordon Head Rec Centre lobby, 4100 Lambrick Way, off Feltham
- Sep 20 - UVic Alumni Chip Trail. Meet at Henderson Rec Centre, outside main door, 2291 Cedar Hill X Rd
- Sep 27 - Interurban Rail Trail. Meet at Red Barn Market, 5550 West Saanich Rd. parking lot
- Oct 4 - Cove - Hollydene. Meet at Arbutus Cove Park, end of Arbutus Cove Lane, off Gordon Head Rd
- Oct 11 - Cadboro Bay to Queen Alexandra. Meet at Cadboro Gyro Park end of Sinclair Rd., beside washrooms
- Oct 18 - Hyacinth Park and Colquitz Trail. Meet at parking lot off Marigold Rd by tennis courts
- Oct 25 - Viaduct Flats to Horticulture Centre of Pacific. Meet at Viaduct Flats parking lot, on Interurban, north of Camosun College
- Nov 1 - Beckwith to Maltwood and Stoneywood Parks. Meet by washroom building in Beckwith Park off Beckwith Ave
- Nov 8 - Sayward Hill. Meet at Lochside Park, off Cordova Bay Rd, past Mattick's Farm
- Nov 15 - Rithet’s Bog to Brydon Park. Meet at kiosk on Dalewood, off Chatteron Way
- Nov 22 - Glencoe Cove. Meet at Vantreight Park, on Vantreight Rd, off Ferndale Ave
- Nov 29 - Prospect Lake Centennial Trail. Meet at Whitehead Park at intersection of Prospect Lake Rd & Goward Rd
Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard. Guided walks are open to adults of all ages. No registration necessary. Please wear sturdy footwear and bring drinking water. Walks go rain or shine. Leashed, well-socialized dogs are welcome.
Sundays, 1 to 3 p.m.
Penny Stevens and Robert Newell
Sep 23 – Royal Oak to Rithets Bog – Rob Newell. Meet at Lochside Elementary School, Royal Oak Drive
Oct 21 – Glendale, Trevlac and Logan Loop – Penny Stevens. Meet at main entrance to Vancouver Island Technology Park, at end of Markham Road, off West Saanich
Nov 18 – Lambrick Park to Mount Douglas – Rob Newell. Meet at main entrance to Gordon Head Recreation Centre, on Lambrick Way off Feltham
Dec 9 – Circle Route Along Colquitz and Swan Creeks – Penny Stevens. Meet at entrance to parking lot behind Saanich Municipal Hall, at end of Darwin Avenue