Discover the beauty of Saanich parks and nature in your backyard.
Enjoy fresh air, beautiful scenery, a friendly chat and gentle exercise as we take different walks through Saanich parks and trails. A great way to meet people!
Gentle Walk and Talk
Walks follow mainly chip or gravel trails but may have some steep sections. No registration required. Sorry, dogs not permitted.
Thursdays 9:30 to 11 a.m.
- March 1 - Bow Park. Meet at Gordon Head Creation Centre lobby, 4100 Lambrick Way off Feltham.
- March 8 - Cadboro Bay to Mystic Vale. Meet at Cadboro-Gyro Park, end of Sinclair Rd, beside the washroom.
- March 15 - McMinn to Kentwood and Outerbridge Parks. Meet at McMinn Park, 4820 Maplegrove St at Lochside Dr.
- March 22 - Knockan Hill Park. Meet at Strawberry Vale Community Hall, on High St, off W Burnside. Park on the street.
- March 29 - Colquitz to Hyacinth Park. Meet at Colquitz Creek Park sign near Silver City Theatre at Tillicum Mall.
- April 5 - Mount Douglas to Majestic Park. Meet at the washrooms in main parking lot off Cordova Bay Rd at Ash Rd.
- April 12 - Cedar Hill to Playfair Park. Meet at Cedar Hill Recreation Centre main doors.
- April 19 - UVic Alumni Chip Trail. Meet at Henderson Recreation Centre, outside the main door, 2291 Cedar Hill X Rd.
- April 26 - Mount Tolmie and Finnerty Gardens. Meet at Henderson Recreation Centre main entrance parking lot.
- May 3 - Viaduct Flats to Horticulture Centre of the Pacific. Meet at Viaduct Flats, parking lot on Interurban, north of Camosun College.
- May 10 - Lambrick Park to Sierra Park. Meet at Gordon Head Recreation Centre front doors, 4100 Lambrick Way.
- May 17 - Mount Douglas Park to Glendenning. Meet at the washrooms in the main parking lot off Cordova Bay Rd at Ash Rd.
- May 24 - Beaver Lake. Meet at the Beaver Lake parking lot (Nature House) off Elk Lake Dr.
- May 31 - Glencoe Cove. Meet at Vantreight Park on Vantreight Rd off Ferndale Ave.
- June 7 - Viaduct, Quick’s Bottom and Layritz Parks. Meet at the parking lot at the intersection of Interurban Rd. and Viaduct Rd.
- June 14 - Prospect Lake Centennial Trail. Meet at Whitehead Park at the intersection of Prospect Lake Rd and Goward Rd.
- June 21 - Rithet’s Bog to Brydon Park. Meet at the kiosk of Dalewood, off Chatterton Way.
- June 28 - Tod Inlet. Meet at the Tod Inlet access, on Wallce Dr, opposite Quarry Lake, just south of Benevenuto Ave.
- July 5 - Bowker Creek.
- July 12 - Swan Lake-Reynolds-Playfair Parks
- July 19 - Calvert Park to Logan Park
- July 26 - Mount Douglas Park lower slopes
- August 2 - Cedar Hill to Peacock Hill
- August 9 - Swan Lake
- August 16 - Gorge Waterway Park
- August 23 - Knockan Hill
- August 30 - Cadboro Bay to Mystic Vale
Sunday Weekend Walks
Guided walks are open to adults of all ages. No registration necessary. Please wear sturdy footwear and bring drinking water. Walks go rain or shine. Leashed, well-socialized dogs are welcome unless specified.
Sundays, 1 to 3 p.m.
- January 21 - Kentwood Park to Lohbrunner Park. Meet at Lochside Elementary School at intersection of Royal Oak Dr and Lochside Dr.
- February 18 - Around the Gorge. Meet at the Gorge Park parking lot by the playground, Gorge Rd W, off Tillicum Rd.
- March 18 - Cadboro Bay to Haro Woods. Meet at the Cadboro-Gyro Park parking lot, at the end of Sinclair Rd.
- April 22 - Cedar Hill/ Braefoot and the Rhodos of Playfair Park. Meet by Nellie McClung Library on Garnet Rd, off Cedar Hill Rd.
- May 27 - Swan Lake to Rogers Park. Meet at the Saanich Municipal Hall parking lot at the end of Darwin Ave.
- June 24 - Blenkinsop Lake and Lower Mount Douglas. Meet in parking area on Lochside Dr, off McKenzie Ave, oppostie Don Mann depot.
- July 22 - Cadboro Bay to Ten Mile Point
- August 26 - Rediscovering Bowker Creek
Bike - Casual Rides 50+
Are you looking to ride with others but at a leisurely pace? Join us for a casual ride along one of our many paved biking trails. Some basic bike maintenance will be covered.
Tuesdays, 10 to 11:30 a.m.
- March 27 - Saanich Municipal Hall
- April 24 - Lochside Park
- May 29 - G. R. Pearkes Recreation Centre
- June 19 - Lochside Trail. Park outside of Don Mann Excavating, 4098 Lochside Dr