Saanich Commonwealth Place offers a variety of activities:
- community recreation programs for all ages
- health services
- facility rentals
- youth centre
Visit the Active Living Guide for all programs and activities.
Special Notes and Events:
Spring Break Alert:
Special schedules are in effect for March 20-April 2.
- Daily Fun Swims have been added from 1-4pm and other swims [PDF - 240 KB] are also available. Please note the Wibit Inflatable is undergoing repair and will NOT be in the pool until further notice.
- Very few changes to our regular Waterfit [PDF - 130 KB] programs and dryland fitness classes [PDF - 65 KB] are running as usual. Join us for fun and fitness!
- Childminding is NOT available March 20-24 during the first week of Spring Break but returns for the second week, March 27-31.
Swimming Canada World Trials:
Special Schedules are in effect April 3-9 as this meet has exclusive use as needed. This is an exciting time in the pool and your chance to see some amazing athletes!
- Swim times have been canceled during this national meet: swim [PDF - 201 KB]
- Waterfit classes have also been impacted: waterfit [PDF - 1014 KB]
Effective January 2 - June 30
Monday to Friday 5:30 a.m. – 10:00 p.m.
Saturday 8:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
*Sunday 10:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
(*weightroom opens at 8:00 a.m.; showers available at 10:00 a.m.)
Reception and Proshop Hours:
Monday to Saturday 8:30 a.m. - 7:00 p.m.
Sunday 10:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m.
- Competition pool, wave pool, dive tank, shallow tot pool
- Steam room & sauna
- Fully equipped, air conditioned weight room
- Aerobic, dance studio and five multi-purpose rooms
- Full size gymnasium
- Proshop, café and free parking
- Childminding services
- Greater Victoria Public Library - Bruce Hutchison Branch
- Teen Centre