The Gordon Head Recreation Centre has a variety of activities for the public:
- community recreation programs
- facility rentals
- youth centre
Visit the Active Living Guide for all programs and activities.
News & Updates!
The Gordon Head Recreation Centre's Steam Room will be closing on Monday, September 19 for potentially up to 8 weeks due to an unexpected repair.
The Sauna may have some intermittent closures, but generally should see little impact.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Fall Hours: September 6 - December 18, 2016
Monday to Thursday 6:00 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Friday 6:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Saturday 6:00 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
Sunday 7:30 a.m. – 8:30 p.m.
(Last admission is 30 minutes prior to closing)
October 10 & November 11 - 8:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m.
Pool Schedule - Statutory Holiday:
Leisure & Lengths 8:00 - 9:00am
Shallow Waterfit / Parent & Tot 9:00 - 10:00am
Family Swim 10:00am - 12:00pm
Adult Swim 12:00-1:00pm
Fun Swim 1:00 - 4:00pm
Family Swim 4:00-6:00pm
Fitness Schedule - Statutory Holiday:
Hi/Lo Group Fitness (Aerobics) 10:15 - 11:15am
Weight Room Schedule - Statutory Holiday:
No Supervision 8:00am - 6:00pm
- Main pool (25 metres, rope swing, monkey bars, climbing wall, slide, stairs)
- Leisure pool (1 metre deepest point, bubblers, sprayers, waterfalls, river pool)
- River pool, tot pool and shallow water area
- Whirlpool, sauna and steam room for adults
- 100% wheelchair accessible with shower wheelchairs
- 279 sq. metres weight room with stretching area
- 130 sq. metres dance/fitness studio
- Youth park featuring skateboarding, bmx and rollerblading
- Multi-purpose rooms and auditorium available for rental
- Business and party rentals