The Gordon Head Recreation Centre has a variety of activities for the public:
- community recreation programs
- facility rentals
- youth centre
Visit the Active Living Guide for all programs and activities.
News & Updates
Gordon Head Recreation Centre's Steam Room is closed until further notice due to extensive repairs. The Sauna may see intermittent closures, but should remain mostly unaffected. Thanks for your patience!
January 3 to June 18, 2017
Monday to Thursday 6 a.m. – 10:30 p.m.
Friday 6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Saturday 6 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
Sunday 7:30 a.m. - 8:30 p.m.
(Last admission is 30 minutes prior to closing)
Statutory Holiday schedule [PDF - 3.1 MB] - February 13; April 14 & 17; May 22
- 84° F Main pool (25 metres, rope swing, monkey bars, climbing wall, slide, stairs)
- 88° F Leisure pool (1 metre deepest point, bubblers, sprayers, waterfalls, river pool) and attached River pool
- 94° F Tot pool and shallow water area
- 104° F Whirlpool, 108° F sauna and 100° F steam room for adults
- Ultraviolet (U.V)/Chlorine filtration system for pool disinfection
- Solar hot water showers
- 100% wheelchair accessible with shower wheelchairs
- 279 sq. metres weight room with stretching area
- 130 sq. metres dance/fitness studio
- Youth park featuring skateboarding, bmx and rollerblading
- Multi-purpose rooms and auditorium available for rental
- Business and party rentals