Community Youth Team (CoYoTe)
Want to make a difference? Join the Community Youth Team (COYOTE) and earn training credits.
What will I do as a COYOTE member?
- Program planning, delivery and evaluation
- Youth activities
- Learning opportunities
- Community events
We meet Wednesday evenings bi-weekly. Join the pack any time!
For more information, call Loryn Anderson at 250-475-7111.
Saanich Youth Council
This is your chance to be an active part of civic life. If you're 13 – 25 years old, bring your opinions and ideas to this fun and interactive group!
For information or to apply, call Alana Goddard at 250-475-7624
Summer Internship Program
Do you want some work experience but also need to earn money this summer? Are you between the ages of 16 and 18 years? Apply to be a summer intern in a mentored placement at a Saanich recreation centre or community park!
- Apply to Alana Goddard by May 16, 2018
- Come in for our fun & supportive group interviews on Wednesday May 30, 2018
- All applicants will receive interviews; selection depends on placement availability
- Interns participate in a 3 day training program focused on working in Summer Camps
- Interns are placed in a month long internship in a recreation centre or community park
- Upon program completion, Interns receive a $500 honorarium, a certificate and reference
For more information, call Alana Goddard at 250-475-7624
Summer Leadership Programs
We know some of you are already planning your summer, so here are the intended dates, times and costs of our Teens In Action programs based at G.R. Pearkes Recreation Centre.
NEW THIS YEAR! Preteens in Action! All the fun of summer camp while developing beginner leadership skills!
Preteens in Action (11-12 yrs)
July 9 – 13
Young Teens in Action (13–14 yrs) M-F 10am-3pm
Teens in Action (15-16 yrs)
July 23-Aug 3