School Lending Kit – Bring Local History to Your Classroom!
We created our school lending kit around the B.C. Social Studies Curricula (2010) for Grades 3 – 8. The kit uses photos and documents from our collections. It brings local history to life!
The kit has five activities:
- Standing in Time
- Looking for Clues
- Archives are Important!
- A Clean Slate
- History in a Jar
Teachers and homeschoolers can borrow the kit for free. Book it anytime including summer. You can also reserve it in advance for classes in the fall.
For more details or to reserve the kit, please contact us using the info below.
Resources for Students, Teachers and Homeschoolers
We encourage home school families, students and teachers to use our collections as a classroom and homework resource:
- Visit us in person or online
- Visit our reference room for photographs, maps and plans, municipal records, pioneer files, city directories, oral histories, and reference books on B.C. and local history
- Search more than 6,000 photos in our online database
- Use our Collections & Research page to access online material
- Book a tour
Curriculum subjects for all grades
- Mapping and local geography.
- Culture and society.
- First Nations history.
- Families and communities.
- European settlement and early residents.
- Local and provincial history.
- Governance and politics.
- Land use and economics.
Our collections include records relating to the history of local schools and education and include:
- School board minutes.
- Year books.
- Text books.
- Report cards.
Visit our Collections & Research page for more details.