Tolmie Park improvements a hit with community members
June 20, 2017
For Immediate Release
Saanich, BC – On June 17, more than 200 community members gathered to check out the upgrades at Tolmie Park. From children to neighbours to members of Saanich Council – all were appreciative of the work that has been done to improve the park.
The celebration included Canada 150 games, an inflatable obstacle course, a colouring station, face painting, a Saanich information tent, disc golf, pickleball demonstrations, cake, Judy’s Food Truck, and of course a visit from Saanich Police’s mascot, Ace.
New park improvements include:
- Saanich’s first pickleball courts
- New playground and youth area
- Larger sport court
- Walkway improvements
- Drainage upgrades
- Tolmie Park is a 1.24 ha neighbourhood park with various amenities and natural features including a Garry Oak stand.
- There are more than 400 metres of trails within the park.
- Tolmie Park got its name because the land was originally owned by a 'Miss Tolmie" who sold it to Saanich in 1935 - making it one of Saanich's oldest parks.
Manager Park Planning & Development