Saanich Council finalizes budget deliberations
April 27, 2017
For Immediate Release
Saanich, BC – Saanich council has been conducting budget deliberation meetings for the past two months. Last night, council passed motions at the final budget meeting to finalize the direction for preparing the District’s 2017 budget and tax rates bylaws.
Budget Quick Facts:
- The municipal property tax increase totals 3.53 per cent or $85.72 for the average existing homeowner in Saanich.
- The increase allocates 2.29 per cent to support current levels of municipal and police operations; .86 per cent for capital infrastructure replacement; .28 per cent for resource requests; and .10 per cent for the Greater Victoria Public Library.
- The District’s total budget is $265.9 million - $173.9 million to operations and $92 million to capital.
- Financial Plan and Tax Rate Bylaws will be brought forward for consideration and adoption at May 8th and May 10th Council meetings. More information will be communicated after these meetings.
- Tax notices will be mailed out to all property owners on title before the end of May.
250-475-1775 ext. 3444