Public invited to help shape the future of Haro Woods
September 28, 2016
Saanich, BC – What does a forest in the year 2050 look like to you? Have your say as Saanich Parks begins to develop a management plan for its portion of Haro Woods.
The Haro Woods management plan will establish a guiding vision for the park and supporting guidelines for its natural areas and recreational activities, and much more.
The public is invited to join Saanich staff at the first of three public engagement events:
Saturday, October 1 from 1 – 3:30 p.m. - Goward House, 2495 Arbutus Road
- 1:00 p.m. - meet and greet and learn about the woods
- 1:15 p.m. - 45 minute forest walk (optional): Learn what lives in the Haro Woods forest. All ages welcome. Limit: 20 people.
- 1:15 p.m. - 45 minute forest mindfulness walk (optional): Enjoy a guided meditative forest experience. Ages 14+, limit: 25 people.
- 2:15 p.m. - the conversation begins. What is your vision for the forest in 2050?
- Haro Woods totals 8.8 ha (21.7 acres).
- The woods are collectively owned by: the Capital Regional District (1.6 ha- 3.9 acres), the University of Victoria (1.5ha – 3.6 acres) and the District of Saanich (2 parcels totalling 5.6 ha – 14.2 acres).
Find details on Saanich.ca or call 250-475-5522.